The Strategy of the CSIs
The strategy of the "Theodor Herzl" Centre for Israeli Studies is based on the idea that Romanian youth, and potentially youth from the region (South East Europe), would greatly benefit from an educational and research-based institution located in a prestigious university like the National University of Political Studies and Public Administration. The aim of the Centre is to establish a Master Programme in Israeli Studies together with a team of researchers in the area of Israeli and Middle East.
One of the means of achieving our objectives is to partner with the relevant institutions. So far, the Centre achieved an excellent partnership with the Embassy of Israel in Bucharest, as well as with significant academic institutions from Romania (University of Bucharest) and Israel (Hebrew University in Jerusalem, Tel Aviv University, IDC Herzliya and Beit-Berl College). The Centre is also a member of the European Association for Israeli Studies.
The following activities and projects define in more concrete terms the Centre's strategy:
- Develop partnerships with public and private stakeholders, especially with universities and research institutions in Romania and abroad.
- Create an internationalized MA program in Israeli Studies, in partnership with Israeli universities such as Haifa University and Tel Aviv University.
- Train experts with high expertise in the field through its fellowship program.
- Provide expertise for elaborating strategies pertaining to the analysed region.
- Edit scholarly publications as well as public policy documents and recommendations.
- Organize conferences and seminars with national and international participants.
- Join professional international associations which bring together centres for Israeli Studies or institutional bodies with adjacent objectives.